Monday, March 19, 2007

Winter, Spring...then Winter Again

What is up with the weather? The weekend was absolutely beautiful - with clear blue sky, a light breeze, and temps almost to 80. Trees, grass, and plants are starting to bud and green. And flowers are starting to bloom. Then today...its cold and cloudy again. Actually, it's good, as there is rain on the way, and we definitely need it. I was looking for a picture to show all the green, all the different shades of green - I guess no one took pictures yesterday of the valley.

I was driving south and east on S. McCarran yesterday afternoon, and coming over the crest of the hill past Caughlin Pkwy, the whole valley was in view for a moment, and it was stunning. Instead of the gray fogginess of bare branchs, there is now a faint lime green tint - quite cheering actually. And there are so many shades of green - the dark alpine green of the evergreens, the verte of the bushes, gray green of sagebrush, kelly green of growing grass, and the bright, lime green of the willow. The golf courses were certainly busy this weekend.

In spinning and knitting news - one nearly completed project. I am almost done with the green sweater I've been knitting on for an older client. Just have one more arm to go. Still working of 2 socks at one time. Oh, and I finally had time to block the Icelandic Triangle Shawl. Picture to come.

I finished spinning up the grey shetland, and now I'm onto the light brown. Still spins just as easily. Last night alone I got one bobbin filled and part of another started. I should finish this up fairly quickly.

No comments: