Monday, March 12, 2007

Been a while...

I just realized yesterday that is has been over 2 weeks since I posted last. Sorry about that - but it has been a very busy two weeks. My back has been steadily getting better, thanks to my wonderful chiropractor and a couple of good massages. It kind of hurts today, but I think that is from yesterday - we had an extra choir practice at church in the afternoon.

Fortunately it isn't work that is stressful or super busy anymore - its everyhting else. :-) Things just seem to snowball, and you find yourself at the end of the week just looking forward to a couple of hours to sleep in on Saturday. Not only is it the usual knitting lessons and stuff like that, but the choir at church is preparing and rehearsing for the Easter cantata. It is a fabulous piece called "He's Alive" by Gary Rhodes and Clair Clonniger. It was first published quite a while ago - so not a new piece. But the orchestration and songs are quite wonderful. I have been busy not only with extra rehearsals for that, but up until yesterday I was getting ready for an audition for one of the solos (I don't expect I got it as there were several ladies with much nicer auditions), and I have also had practice early Wed. evenings for worship team - I am playing my oboe every Sunday morning in the 1st service along with Andrew (plays sax), Becky (trump) and Erin (violin.) It is a lot of fun, and I am praising God with the talent he gave me.

This last weekend was busy - but good. My mom and I had a great time together on Saturday, just hanging out - shopping and having lunch. Andrew and Dad went to a conference through church for most of the day. Then I had a knitting lesson, and by the time I finished up with that - it was 5pm already and Mom, Dad, and Andrew were coming over this way for dinner. So I got both lunch and dinner on Saturday! But it was really nice being able to see Dad, too.

On the fiber front - not much going on. I am trying to finish up a commissioned sweater, and am on the sleeves. So almost there. Of course, she's not going to be able to wear it until the fall! Can you believe the weather? Here in Reno it has topped 78F!! So sunny and clear. I guess we broke a record today - the last time it was this warm in March was in 1888.

Anyway, I haven't done much more spinning, but I am almost through the grey shetland I was working on. I still have two single socks on the needles along with a host of UFO's. :-\

On a different note:
Stargate Atlantis, Season 2!!! Wooo Hoooo!!! :-)

I *heart* John Shephard!!

No comments: