Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Do the Twi-i-ist!

Its kind of dark, and not as focused as I could have hoped - but can you see the loops and over-twists all over the place? This is some leftover gray shetland I was navajo plying and having a hard time keeping the spin the same. I was also watching TV, so my focus was split. (Note to self - don't so that!) :-) Also - this is AFTER blocking.

This is a lot better - still navajo plied, but closer in loft to the 3-ply I had done before. I need to practice this technique some more to get it all even and uniform across the board. If I can do that, then I won't need to ply the old fashioned way anymore. Well... hm, I still like plying the other way, though. But check this out...

Those two pictures above

...are from the SAME skein!! Wow, my focus must have really been off in the beginning part of doing this! :-/ I didn't know you could do that. I must have tuned out the TV later, to be able to have a much softer yarn with much, much less twist. And it is split pretty close to 50/50. Yeah, I'm not sure I'll be able to use this skein. Maybe part of it, but I'm not going to count on it!

No comments: