Saturday, December 30, 2006

Year of Socks!

I think this is going to be my year of socks (or at least the first of many). Warning** - Picture heavy post coming up! :-)

My new favorite sock yarn. Regia Silk! (I've got some solid black also, but that didn't photo well.) The blue I just used to finish a pair, and the tan and grey will be next.
Partially done. I love how it was so easy to get the two to match!


Voila! Done, and so comfortable as all handmade socks are. They knit up so fast, and easily. The yarn is extra soft with the silk added (yet still washable)(very important, as you know!) yet light and airy and sproingy (is that a word?) :-)

Kitty loves it when I get down on the floor with him. Here is part of him - checkin' out the new socks! See how well they match! I love it!


This is actually going to be my very next sock project - a special pair for a special person (man) ;-> My LYS just got this yarn in - Mountain Colors, lovely luxurious merino and mohair blends. And the handpainted colors practically slap you in the face as you pick up the yarn to fondle it! It looks like it should stripe pretty nicely, too, we'll see.

As the title implies - I have several socks in the planning stage, some for me, some for others. Both my parents love the socks they got for borthdays, so I figure I can't go wrong with more socks. My brother, A., certainly could use some more socks, and of course my other brother D. and his wife are probably feeling a little left out! Sorry guys! So - for the New Year 2007 - I am going to make a lot of socks!!!

Now for some kitty eye-candy:
Lexy is certainly a girl! She'd rather be curled up in my comfortable chair, than sprawled on the floor with Kitty.
This is unusual for Kitty to sit this still for a picture. I whip out the camera and he tries to chase the wrist holder that dangles down.
Here is both of them this morning - must have played themselves out as usually when they are this close together, Lexy is teasing Kitty, and Kitty is getting in trouble for being too rough and making Lexy growl, cry, whatever. It's an un-ending circle. Poor Kitty. I try to give him extra attention after that.

So, have a Happy (and safe) New Year! Make 2007 a memorable year. I know I will!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

I LOVE the socks!!! They look SO COZY!!!