Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Post-Christmas Pictures

Finally - Christmas is over! Whew! Well, it wasn't that bad. I did get most of what I wanted to finish done. And everyone liked their gifts. So I am content. Now for some pictures:
This is my parents Christmas tree (and yes, that is a gun hanging on the wall above it.) Explanation later on.
This is the alpaca I've been working on. The first picture is the 3-ply yarn (left over skein from project) and the second is the shawl I made with it for my mom! She really liked it, and it came out so nice and light and airy. I actually still have another 3 oz to spin up, so I will have enough yarn for something else to match the shawl. Anniversary, birthday...hmmm! :-)

By the way - the printer box underneath the skein is my Christmas present from Mom and Dad. Thanks again, so much!
In other spinning news - I ordered a sampler pack of 4 different colors of shetland from Hello Yarn. I actually ordered 2 packs, for a total of 2 lbs, and am going to order a 3rd as I want to do a 3-ply. I started with the gray, and I apologize for the fuzziness of the picture. I think I was too close with the camera. Anyway, this shetland is so easy to spin, I love it! And the gray isn't the same homogenous color throughout. Oh no, my friend, it has strands of white all the way through to black, for a great tweedy look. And it is spinning so fine and evenly, thus the 3-ply. I am going for at least a DK-weight yarn.

My plan is simple. A sweater using all 4 colors (cream, lt brown, dk brown, and grey) with a fairly simple fair isle pattern through out. (Haven't picked out the pattern yet, but I can envision it!)

Now for the gun. Yes, my parents do live in Hickville, USA, but they're not your average redneck. Not by a long shot. My dad doesn't hunt, and their front yard is not a dump-all/used car lot. (Well, it used to be when my brothers lived there.) :-0 (J/K) The rifle is actually an antique - a Civil War rifle including the bayonette. It was given to my grandfather when he was fairly young and passed down to my father. My parents know the actual story with more details, but it is a pretty neat piece. Definitely a conversation starter.

Hope every one had a safe and fun Christmas, and have a Happy New Year!

No comments: