Ok, so I 've done the New Year resolutions thing several times in the past, and they never quite worked out. So this year, 2007, I am just going to set some goals.
Spiritual
1. Be in the Word more (I am going to try to read thru the Bible in a year.)
2. Pray more!
Financial
1. Pay off Honda.
2. Pay off at least 1 credit card!
Lifestyle/Health
1. Continue with Weight Watchers.
2. Exercise more.
Stash Management
1. Complete at least 2 UFO's(*) before starting anything new.
2. Knit from my stash as much as possible.
3. Spin more (more yarn incoming to knitting stash, while nicely decreasing fiber stash.)
I think those are realistic goals. A lot of these I have been doing for a while now anyway - just a matter of continuing forward, some of them like paying off debt - I will be a little more agressive at it.
Saturday morning I was in a little funk, didn't want to knit, didn't want to read, or watch TV, so I did a little stash managment. You know, those times where you go through what you have, make a list of UFO's(*), put all your needles in one spot, consolidate, ...etc, etc. It was actually somewhat cathartic and relaxing. I now have a bag that is just UFO's, a bag for sock yarns, and a bag for homespun. Of course, by the time I really go into it, I realized that I forgot just how much I have.
Now the good thing is that I have projects in mind for 95% of my stash. I just need to get to them, (after finishing previous projects, of course) and not buy more! (Easier said than done, I know!) :-)
(*) For non-knitting readers - UnFinished Objects! :-)
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am just stopping by to say hi and catch up on all your complete and/or new knitting projects!
The picture of your first snow fall is beautiful! We still haven't had any snow, or even any good freeze yet! Hopefully we will soon, otherwise, it's watch out for bugs!
Post a Comment