Friday, December 15, 2006

Oh, the things I do...

So, last night I gave presents to all the people who meet on Thursday night for our small group Bible study! Oh, the joy - I could barely contain myself! :-) I so love the looks on friends and families faces as they open handmade gifts, the curiousity, then the slight puzzlement as they look into the book or bag, then...oh, then - the look of wonder and amazement as they pull it out into the light of day! Then comes the fingering of the fabric and the trying on! :-) Merry Christmas to all my good friends - Leah, Kelly, Amber and Jason, Joe and Ellie, Dave, Parker, and Cameron.

I still have one more gift to give at church - to Jay and Danielle. I'll get them on Sunday!

Last night was wodnerful in more ways than one. Instead of looking at James 3, quite a few of us opened up and shared, including me. We all learned a little more about each other, which is the point and goal of this small group. I feel so close to this small group of people, they have all become really good friends, and sometimes it is painful to hear what they've gone though, but it is so good to tell someone(s) you are close to. There are definitely some ongoing prayer requests that we were made aware of last night, and the need for constant encouragment and uplifting. I can only pray that I can be there for them as they are for me.

Thank you, guys (and gals)! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a great group of christian in your fellowship group. Blessings for a great Christmas. Unk Paul