Anyway, on my walk I saw a grebe, next to some sort of duck with a white body and black wings and neck. You can see it below:

And you definitely can tell it's spring when you see little goslings and ducklings being shepherded by mommy and daddy:

The daddy was chasing away other ducks and geese as mommy brought the little ones closer to the shore:

It looked like it was going to take a while, so I kept walking. It was very cute, and neat to see.
I noticed a lot of trees in bloom - a lot of pink ones:
Those of you who know me, you know that pink is my favorite color! :-)
I did get some knitting done this weekend. Actually I was surprised by how quickly this finished up. I started this tam Friday night and finished the last 3 or 4 rounds Sunday morning. This is my first true fair-isle project, and I really enjoyed it.
I am very happy with my tension throughtout - although the last few rounds on DPN's could have been a little better. I haven't quite wove in all the ends yet - that'll be for this upcoming weekend! :-) I also need to re-block it using a larger plate. All I have are small luncheon plates, and the hat looks like it has two tiers. Not true tam form!
Okay, now I need to go knit plain stockinette!




No comments:
Post a Comment