Monday, October 1, 2007

Gorgeous Weekend

Well, it was an absolutely wonderful weekend. Bright sun, cool breeze, the deep blue sky that only comes in autumn, colorful foliage... you know, perfect fall day(s). I played tennis with my friends for over 2 hrs (even got some color) and finally had a chance to play with the pink Hope (breast cancer awareness) balls I picked up a couple weeks ago. Every one thought they were cute. Awww. Well, I have to have some co-ordinating paraphenelia to go with my new racket! :-)

So Saturday I didn't get much done fiber-wise. But on Sunday I finished and blocked this:





It is a top down triangle shawl-ette in feather and fan lace pattern stitch using my handspun on US9's. You can see pictures of the yarn in previous posts. It didn't take very long as it's not large - more a scarf than a shawl. I love the colors - the colorway is Lorna's Laces "Purple Iris." I also have more than 3/4 of the total ball of wool I originally got. Bring on the purple.

So after finishing something, I gave myself permission to cast-on a new project. Presenting - Stripes and Torchon Lace from "Victorian Lace Today:"


Sorry about the flash washing the pciture above out. The yarn is Karabella Lace Mohair, and it is a lot redder than the picture. Doesn't look like much, which is why I included the pattern photo. I am planning on wearing this to my work Christmas party. We'll see, it might take longer than I am anticipating. ;-)

Have a wonderful fall - don't let the beuatiful colors pass you by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah, I just found a pattern by you on another site and noticed your last name...Merritt !! Same as me and I live all the way in SYdney Australia!! I'm a knitter and a christian too! Can'[t say I have come across any other Merritt's here! My husband is from Ontario, Canada where there is actually a Merrittville!

Anonymous said...

I love the purple and green yarn you spun and what a gorgeous shawl it made!