...yeah, its just a day to me. I was reading the Harlot and a couple other blogs, and I really agree with what they had to say. Namely, that if your significant other just shows his love on this one day (with card/flowers/chocolate, etc) - what the heck are you still doing in that relationship!! Both partners should be showing their love on a daily basis.
Anyway, I'm not saying its bad to get card/flowers/chocolate for or from your significant other, in fact I really miss getting flowers. Hopefully, (prayerfully) this time next year, I might get flowers. :-)
Now, I really hope that the person I am going to be talking about does not read this. I don't even know if he has the address, but I did put my little card in all the presents I gave for Chirstmas. Well, if he does...oh well, huh? :-) Anyway, I had a date Monday evening with my friend Dave! I was so excited, and it was a lot of fun! :-P
Here's the story behind this date. A couple of weeks ago, I knew his birthday was coming up on the 10th of this month. So out of nowhere (unplanned on my part) I asked him if I could take him out to lunch on his birthday. (Lunch because it seemed to be less of a "date" and more casual.) Well, he said sure. So, I planned to have lunch with him this last Saturday. Last Wednesday, though, he emailed me asking if we could change it to dinner on Monday or Tuesday. Of course I agreed - dinner is sooo much better than lunch! :)
So, Monday he called me to make arrangements. I am glad I was very busy Monday, as I was so freakin' excited. I have liked this guy for quite a while, but God hasn't brought us together until now. So he was picking me up at my place about 6:15, 6:30pm. I actually went out looking in the halls for him, as it was 6:35 and he wasn't there. But I had peeked outside and thought I saw his truck. (It is kind of tricky to find my apartment.) Its a good thing I did, he was kinda lost. So he came in and I got my coat, and of course there was the official "showing of the stash" along with the loom and spinning wheel. He was duly impressed! :-)
We went to Macaroni Grill (his choice as this was in honor of his b-day) and he was such a gentleman! He opened all the doors for me (and I let him)(which is sometimes hard for me.) And we talked..and ate. :-) I normally eat fast, an hour tops is dinner when I go out, but we were there for almost 2 hrs, and talked about a lot of things. Family, work, past relationships, etc, etc. I could fall so hard for this guy.
Anyway, he even walked me back up to my place, and there was a moment at the door... no, no kiss, but there was definite eye contact! ;-) Well, about 2 minutes after I left I was on the phone to my friend D. (who is married to J., who is best friends w/ Dave.) She didn't answer so I left a message to call beck. But I had to talk to someone so I called my friend M. Both she and D. had been praying for me all of Monday (which was really nice to know.) And she was happy that the date went well.
Well, D. called me back about a 1/2 hr later. She told me that when her phone rang earlier, she didn't think anything of it - they were watching a show, and she would call whoever it was back later. But then about 2 seconds after her phone stopped ringing, J.'s started ringing. She picked up the phone to see who it was...And it was Dave!! Boy, I sure wish I could have heard that conversation when J. called him back! :-)
So I will see him tomorrow eve at our Bible study. I think I will call him today, just to say thanks for a great evening Monday. Oh, thank you, Lord. You always know that the Lord has His own perfect timing, but sometimes it is very difficult to wait upon that timing. I know I am still going to have to exercise patience in regard to this relationship, but it will be so worth it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment