
Patten Specs:
It is a rectangular stole knit out of worsted wt cotton on US9's.
Approx 26" x 50"
A variation on the Box Shawl from Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls.
Instead of black wool, I used white cotton, and changed up the pattern somewhat, using fewer repeats across. I also made it stockinette stitch based, rather than as the pattern was written - as garter stitch based.
I really like how quickly it knit up, and like any lace really opened up when I blocked it. I do need to work on my blocking skills, though. As you can see, it is kind of crooked and wavy. Although I did use a tape measure while I was blocking. I have seen blocking tiles that have measurements on them, that might help also.
All the snow melted already from the storm we had on Thursday. Man, was it bad! So slippery and icy, especially the next morning as it had melted a little during the night then cleared and of course, froze solid! Fun! :-/
The Auto Show this last weekend really helped my work have a great first weekend in January. Sales have been really down since November, so hopefully this will presage a great year.
2 comments:
I suck at blocking too. I really hate it. Your shawl looks nice though! I liked the original in black too.
This is really pretty. It looks very delicate!
We are supposed to get a little snow tonight... it will be our first snow for the season. I get excited because we don't get much snow here. We get more in Julian than here! I guess thats good and bad. =)
Post a Comment