Fortunately, I am close to finishing all my presents. I can't wait to give them out. Oh, the looks on their faces as they open the bag. Heehee!
I had a stressful moment late last week when I realized that the back of the vest I am making for my brother was starting to do the bias-knit-scarf thing, rather than being a true rectangle! I was ready to start the armhole decreases when I finally noticed. I know what happened and it's my own fault for not following the pattern correctly. (Bad Hannah!) So I frogged it, and started over, this time paying better attention to the instructions. It looks so much better (who knew) and it knits up quickly. I am using Rowan Wool Cotton in the dark grey, in the 1920's style vest found in Jean Moss's Structured Knits. My brother actually picked it and the yarn out by himself. 8-)
A while ago I finished a pair of socks for my father, knit out of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, color Black Watch. I gifted them to him last weekend in honor of his birthday (which is actually Thursday 12-7). He loved them, and wore them all weekend. Shown here modeled on the wearer:

As for other news, I am organizing this months Ladies Night Out for our young adult groiup at church. It's this Friday and I can't wait. I think this will be the most people I've ever had over (barring the time Andrew had 30 people over to our house for last years Super Bowl). Upwards of 18 ladies could be there. (Talk about standing room only!) It's all good though. I've had help from Leah organizing the craft, and everyone is bringing something for the potluck taco's! It will be a lot of fun - great time to fellowship, eat, and learn more about each other.
Cheers and happy knitting (if you do!) ;-)
1 comment:
So cozy! Tell your Dad I said Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment