Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Mmmm...Alpaca

The lure of the spinning wheel finally grabbed me. Last night and this morning I spun up some more of the mahogany alpaca I've been sporadically spinning for the past few months. I'm not all the way done (I still have a full 3 oz bat left) but I had three full bobbins when I went to bed last night.

So, this morning I decanted most of what was on the bobbins into a lovely 3-ply. Oh, it is so lovely, so soft and silky and aplaca-y. ;-) It wasn't light enough this morning to take a good picture, but I will get one (or a few). It looks and feels like it will knit up at a heavy worsted to chunky weight, which is perfect. I think I will make a shawl out of it, light and lacey, as a Christmas present for someone. I know my mom wears those autumny colors, which this rich brown would go with very nicely. Hmmm...

The last couple of days have been cold and snowy, even though nothing stuck. Well, it is cold today, too, but oh, so sunny and cheerful! We got lots of snow on the mountains.

Speaking of weather - back at the beginning of November we had a nice rainstorm overnight, and this is what it looked like the next morning:


and this is what I wrote in a spiritual diary I've been keeping:

November 8, 2006

Our God is an Awesome God! This morning we had some rain, and then the most glorious rainbow! You could see each color individually it was so vivid and was complete, stretching from the hills directly west all the way to Stead. At one point it was even a partial double. Then on my way to work the clouds had cleared away enough to show the waning moon, which was balanced right at the apex of the rainbow. I so wish I’d had a camera with me.
But even without a camera, that is not something I will forget for a long time. Each and every time I see a rainbow I am reminded of God’s promise to Noah in Genesis – that He will never completely destroy the Earth or its people again. That’s a promise that extends to our lives also. God will always do what is best for our lives and those around us if we walk in His way and follow Him.

May the Lord bless you always!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Wow, that is really pretty! I remember when I last saw a rainbow like that... I was going through tough things, and I too was reminded of God's promise and how it extends into our life! He is an amazing God!