Two more days to Thanksgiving! I can hardly wait. I love stuffing and yams and cranberry and pumpkin un-pie! (For those not my Mom, Dad, or me - un-pie is just the filling.) Unfortunately, all those carbs just aren't good for you. "But it tastes so good!" your mouth waters as you smell the food baking. Of course, this close to Thanksgiving means that Christmas is only 32 days away! (No, no, no you cry.) Well, according to retail industry, Christmas is already here.
It is truly unfortunate that in the retail sector, Christmas comes earlier and earlier. Pretty soon the 4th of July will have just passed and suddeny - its Christmas! A couple of my friends - Leah and Kelly - and I went to the Chirstmas tree lighting downtown over the weekend. I actually heard a lot of people commenting on the fact that it's not even Thanksgiving yet. My sentiments exactly. Let's celebrate Thanksgiving first, give thanks to the Father for His blessings, then celebrate the birth of our Lord.
Anyway, enough about my "celebrate holidays as they come" rant. I am actually pleased with my gift making progress. I finished the last of the hats I was making, so that just leaves:
2 scarves
1 stocking
1 vest
2 afghans (both are 1/2 done)
Not so much, just need to use every free moment I have to knit (or crochet) as the case may be. All the hats and scarves I made for my friends at church I can't wait to give to them. I love seeing the look on friends and family faces as they open the gifts and see what I made specially for them.
I have a feeling the closer the deadline looms I am going to want to do other things, such as spin or weave. I feel myself galncing more and more at my wheel, where the alpaca I've been spinning sporadically for the last few months is calling me to finish it - a lovely mahogany 3-ply yarn. No, must resist, must buckle down. There will be plenty of time in January to do all that, including finishing a couple of sweaters for myself that are down to the collars or sleeves to finish. (Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, Hannah!)
I am really looking forward to the up-coming weekend! This year I get both Thursday and Friday off, I am so excited. In Nevada, the day following is a legal holiday, and thanks to my wonderful boss, Janet, we get it as a paid holiday! :-) Thursday I am driving myself and my brother, Andrew, over to Susanville. We are going fairly early in the morning, so as to have the rest of the day to relax. Then Friday, I am meeting my good friend Jessica. I haven't seen her, well, for almost a year. The last time I saw her was last Christmas. We keep in comtact throughout the year, but we still have some catching up to do. She doesn't know about my friend Dave! ;-)
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to blogging ! (and thanks for the viewing tips. I love Battlestar Galactica.)
Post a Comment