Saturday, November 25, 2006

Pictures Like I Promised

This post is going to be mostly pictures, some stuff I've done, some I'm working on, and maybe just because...




This is a log cabin blanket I made for a co-workers new baby. I made it out of Blue Sky Alpaca's Cotton. You can't see it in this picture, but I sewed a flannel lining on the other side. It was so soft and comfy, I wanted on for myself.



To the left here is some handspun I did about 3 or 4 months ago. The color part is the same fiber (a luscious merino/angora/silk blend) hand dyed by a friend down in SoCal. The brown is local merino from a ram named Oreo, and the skein on the left is plyed with tussah silk. I really like both effects, and I think I will use the brown for a pair of luxurious socks! ;-)


This hat I knit up from some hand dyed Blue-Faced Leicester. Not quite mernio, this wool is still very fine and the way I spun it ended up with a nice loft. So the hat is light, but very warm.

The two scarves below are not handspun, but still very nice yarns. The striped one on the left is knit from Lang Yarns Mille Colori (see link in post#1) and the pink one is out of GGH Relax, a soft alpaca blend boucle yarn.














This next picture is my very first weaving project. It is wove out of a silver and lavender tencel. It is a diamond twill, the cloth pattern set forth in the book "Mastering Weave Structures." I just wove enough to have a stole length wrap, and cut the ends to leave enough for fringe. I then ran it through the sewing machine a couple time on each end where the cloth ends to it didn't unravel or get loose. I have gotten so many compliments on it when ever I've worn it.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. Happy Christmas shopping!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Very beautiful work! It all looks so cozy!!