Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A couple of memes

I also posted these on Facebook. I got tagged for a couple of memes and thought I would post them here for those who aren't on FB. Hopefully you'll at least ... , ah, understand me a little better! :-)

One Word Share

I was tagged for this one too - but I don't think I'll tag any one else.

Where is your cell phone? purse

Your hair? short

Your father? Dan

Your favorite thing? fiber

Your dream last night? random

Your favorite drink? tea

Your dream goal? publish

The room you are in? office

Your fear? pain

Where do you want to be in 6 years? home

Muffins? pumpkin

One of wish list items? yarn

Where did you grow up? Susanville

The last thing you did? work

What you are wearing? turtleneck

Your t.v.?disconnected

Your pets? kitties

Your computer? used

Your life? awesome

Your mood? joyful

Missing someone? maybe

Your car? Honda

Favorite store? yarn

Your favorite color? purple

When is the last time you laughed? now

Last time you cried? week

Favorite Show? Stargate

In love? always

Favorite Restaurant? sushi

25 Random Things

I’ve been tagged for this meme so much in the last couple of weeks that I figured I’d better at least get these out there. And this way you get to know so much more about me than before! (Uh, not!) LOL – yeah, most of you already know this stuff about me. :-)

1.The Lord Jesus Christ is the author of my salvation. As the final Passover Lamb, He died on that cross once for all – for past, present, and future sin – and one day (hopefully soon) I will be with Him in heaven. My hope is that all of you will be there with me, too!

2.I love to knit.

3.I love to spin.

4.I thought about putting those last two in the rest of this list – but then that wouldn’t tell you much more about me!

5.I love knitting things for friends and family. I think it is part of my love language.

6.I’m not a big traveler. It’s either the planning thing or the being away from home for longer than a day thing.

7.When I do travel – I far prefer going with other people, preferably friends.

8.I am a writer.

9.Going along with #8 – I actually have a manuscript all ready to go. Just need to actually send it out there. Yeah, I’ll get right on that! ;-)

10.I like to write science fiction. That’s probably because I also like to read and watch SciFi. It’s a whole genre thing.

11.Now please don’t laugh (because this is going to be so high school) – I have actually authored a couple of fan fiction pieces – most of them over 10K words.

12.I bet you did not know #11 about me!

13.I have been to Vancouver, BC and I want to go back.

14.I have also been to Mexico – twice.

15.I have worked in the automotive industry for 9 years now.

16.I have also worked at a yarn shop. I spent more than I made. Go figure.

17.I love to teach knitting – especially to friends.

18.I ♥ Stargate! Total fan, here!

19.I don’t have cable or an antenna for my T.V.

20.I own not one but two Ipods. Itunes is my friend.

21.I know how to play the piano – not very well, but with practice…

22.I played the clarinet and oboe in school – and still play the oboe. As Danny Kaye once said, “The oboe is an ill wind nobody plays good.” And I say, “Hey, I resemble that remark!” :-)

23.I come from a family of musicians. My mom is a music teacher, plays piano and sings tenor/alto; my dad sings bass and leads worship; my brother Andrew sings baritone/bass and plays saxaphone, trumpet, accordian, and bass; and my other brother David also sings and plays the bass.

24.Classical music is my happy place. Listening to Mozart and knitting – it’s the new yoga.

25.I am a groupless discussion leader at the Reno Women’s Night BSF (Bible Study Fellowship.) Definitely next year though! God has really used me in a substitute capacity, and this year has been a great opportunity to be fully prepared for next.

Hopefully this is random enough, however reading back over it there does seem to be some clumping going on. Eh, oh well. Hope you learned something you didn’t know about me, and I truly hope it didn’t scare you! :-)

No comments: