Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Busy Summer

Sorry about so long between posts - I hadn't realized until last week that it's almost been two months since my last one. But the time in between has been filled to the brim with losts of exciting and fun stuff. This has been a very busy summer for me, and I'm having a great time.

There was hiking:

This was in July - see the white patch on the other side of the lake? Yeah, that's snow! :-)

There was birthdays:

...with awesome food and friends.

Great times hanging out with the girls in Sacramento:

..and even some cute animals:


...red panda's (I want one for a pet!) and young tigers.

And there was lots and lots of knitting!

Socks for presents:


Socks for me (with help from Kitty):


Wedding presents:


Baby gifts:



And knitting up some of that handspun, handdyed stuff I have just lying around:

I dyed these separately - the orange in my first foray into dying, and the brown/darker orange I dyded earlier this year. Both are Blue-Faced Liecester I spun after dying. I really enjoyed knitting on my handspun - especially the brown. That turned out great.
The baby clothes went with my brother to Phoenix when he went to visit our other brother. My niece is due in the middle of September and her name is Ilse (pronounced Il-sa.) There are a few more things I've been working on, which I'll try to get to them before she's born.
I'm visiting my parents for a couple of days, and yesterday I helped my mom pull out some of my old baby clothes and blankets - most of which my grandmother made. It was really neat to remember (or have my mom remember) what I looked like in them. Most of the littler pieces will go to my niece as they are still in great shape, with the understanading that they are to be passed to the next little girl in the family.
Hopefully, I won't be as busy in August so there will be more frequent updates. And of course lots more knitting. You know, Christmas is coming up! ;-)

No comments: