I also got some merino from Ashland Bay called "Sapphire." I forgot to take a picture of the roving before spinning, but this is what it looks like spun up. I really like it - and being merino, it's so soft. I tried to spin it a little thicker than usual, as well as not so much twist.

This post is also catching up with some other finished items since the last time I posted. This sweater is something I started last year and never got around to finishing. It is made out of Jaeger Chamonix, a blend of merino and angora. Oh, so warm and cuddly. I tried to get a picture of myself wearing it, but couldn't get a good one.

I made this cute pullover for my little cousin that I'm going to see this week. (Aunt Carolyn - If your reading this, please don't tell Nicole. Or Devon!) :-) She has a little brother and I'm making a sweater for him, too. Just not done with it yet.

Purple seems to be the color of the day. I ripped out a vest I'd been working on for a couple of years now and re-knit the yarn into this little scarf. Purple yarn is Cascade Sierra, a half and half blend of cotton and wool.
That's it for now - I'm on vacation for the rest of this week!! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment