
My body was telling me to get outside NOW! And I did. I went for a walk down to Virginia Lake, and totally took my camera.
The noise level was incredible - super quiet around my place, then as I got closer to the lake (a roosting place for several flocks of geese) I could hear the birds - geese, ducks, gulls, and several others. You can see the V of a flock coming into land in the picture above.
In the picture below, if you click big you can see sparkles from the flash. It's just snow that drifted on my deck.
This strom has been incredible. It started raining Friday morning about 5:30am, and didn't let up all day. Gusting wind added to the experience. Then about 4pm it (the weather) was trying to make up its mind whether to snow or not. Half an hour later, it decided to snow. And by snow - I mean huge flakes drifting down, sticking even over all the water lying around. This picture below was taken about an hour after it started to snow in earnest. You can see the huge flakes.
These next two I took this morning at the sun rose, both from my balcony.
Well, if you live in CA or NV, please, please be safe. There is another storm coming that is dropping lots more snow in the mountains. It's snowing heavily already about an hour north of Reno, and will probably be here later this afternoon. Yeah, the next few days are going to be interesting trafficwise. :-)
1 comment:
thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comment - hey! you saw geese too! I love the photo with the snow and tree against the night sky, that would make a lovely card. Take care.
Post a Comment