Tuesday, August 7, 2007

8500 Feet

That's how high up I was on Saturday. My friend Danielle and I hiked up to Donner Peak. Here are some wonderful shots - some as we were going up and some from the very top. (It was very windy!)
From the top here we could see 3 if not 4 separate ski areas - Mt Rose (at least 40 miles away as the crow flies - that'll tell you how clear it was), Northstar, the Sugar Bowl (which was actually behind us), and I think Boreal as well. Donnor Lake was directly below us - a beautiful shade of aquamarine
This is a shot of my friend and I - an older man was really nice to take our picture. Like I mentioned it was extremely windy - a girl coming back down warned me to keep a hand on my visor. That's it strapped to my tank strap. That's her dog - Mango, a real mutt! :-) She's a great dog, though - so energentic, and smiling everytime she came back around the corner, wondering why we were going (to her) so slow!! Dogs are great!
There were a lot of people up there! Danielle couldn't believe how many. A lot of families, too - that was great to see.
I can't believe any one seeing that view could belive that such beauty just happened. Our Creator is so wonderful - and He had this whole world as a canvas!! :-)

No comments: