Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I won??!!

I actually won something! I submitted an original pattern for a monthly pattern contest at Jimmy Beans Wool in June and they picked my pattern! Yipee!! They're running a little behind, which is why the pattern isn't up yet, but it should be up fairly soon. And just look at all the loot I got:

There's so much stuff there, it's so cool! Starting at the bottom and working up:
4 patterns
Pick-up Sticks Sushi Wallet kit
Berroco Suede Ballet Slipper kit
2 hanks of Lorn's sock yarn
1 ball of Noro Silk Gelato (silk ribbon)
Lantern Moon Ebony Wood Needles
2 hanks of O-Wool
1 hank of Blue Sky Alpaca's Royal
Mountian Colors Sock pattern w/ 1 hank of Twizzle
A nice bar of soap (smells great!)
Kitty toys kit
and a hank of Manos Cotton Stria

Thank you to the staff at Jimmy Beans and all the companies who donated prizes for the contest!! :-)

I also recieved a gift certificate...but I used it on this:



Laura at Jimmy Beans Wool was kind enough to special order me this roving from Lorna's Laces. Yes, they actually carry roving dyed all their awesome colors. The one at the top is "Black Watch" (green, blue, and black) and the bottom is "Purple Iris." (They have a merino superwash, as well as a nice wool blend (which these are). I've already opened one up and played around with it a bit. These are going to spin up so easily! I have a feeling I'm going to be spinning this weekend! :-)

1 comment:

procrastaknitter said...

Congratulations! That is a fabulous pattern!
I am considering submitting a pattern to the same contest~was the submission process easy? How did you format the pattern? Sorry, seems a little bit cheesy but I have never done this before!!