Friday, May 11, 2007

What Kind of Knitting Have You Done?

This is a “What have you done in knitting?” that is going around the blog community. I thought it would be fun to share. And ask yourself – what have you done in knitting?

What I have done is in ITALICS, what I haven't done is in regular type, and commentary is always good. (Lets you know what I’m thinking!) ;-)

Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch
– um, yeah
Knitting with metal wire
Shawl – several , I can’t seem to stop!
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up – want to at least give it a try.
Knitting with camel yarn – but I will in a couple of days.
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down

Hat
Knitting with silk

Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL
– (Knit–a–long, for non-knitters)
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
– I ripped out a off the rack sweater to make something else.
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn – huh?
Domino knitting (modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
– I actually am not sure what that means? I’ll have to look into it – somethng about knitting I don’t know?? (Gasp)
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles – uh, that’s all I have
Baby items
Knitting with your own hand-spun yarn
– love it, because I made it.
Slippers
Graffiti knitting
– not sure what this is either, maybe something like free-form?
Continental knitting
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns
Lace patterns
Publishing a knitting book
Participate in an exchange

Scarf - the first thing everyone learns to do
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting
Knitting to make money
Buttonholes
Knitting with alpaca
– love spinning it too!
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting

Dying with plant colors – done it with food coloring though.
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…)

Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on one or two circulars
Knitting with someone else’s hand-spun yarn

Knitting with dpns – of course, you can’t do socks w/out ‘em.
Holiday related knitting – every single year, I can’t seem to help it!
Teaching a male how to knit – in my last class there was a man.
Bobbles – hate ’em
Knitting for a living – wanted to try, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to support myself.
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking

Dying yarn
Steeks – not yet, but that’s coming up.
Knitting art - every knitted pice is a work of art.
Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously – I’m such a traditionalist, dpns are the way to go.
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
– do I live in the mountains?
Textured knitting
Kitchener stitch

Knitted flowers
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO

Entrelac – not yet.
Knitting and purling backwards – very handy for doing small back and forths.
Machine knitting – again, a traditionalist.
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegated yarn – always fun to see what the next one will be.
Stuffed toys – do cat toys count? :-)
Knitting with cashmere – not 100% but close enough.
Darning
Jewelry

Knitting with synthetic yarn – ugh, don’t like acrylic anymore.
Writing a pattern
Gloves
Intarsia
Knitting with linen

Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO
Free-form knitting
- I'm too organized and neat.
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mits/arm-warmers
Pillows – does a crocheted one count?
Knitting a pattern from an on-line knitting magazine
RugKnitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
– supposed to be very warm.
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
– inadvertantly but, yes – my cats sleep on Noro Silk Garden
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair – not yet, but I have saved cat hair to spin up.
Hair accessories – and probably never will.
Knitting in public

Pass it on!

1 comment:

Fields of Heather said...

Wow-you're miles ahead of me. Half this list I have doen through pure avoidance. Bobbles? No way man...