But - I do have a couple of things to share.
This book:

Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. The cotton stole I posted pictures on below is from this book, and I am now half way done with "Icelandic Triangle." It is knit with 3 natural gray shades of Unspun Icelandic from Schoolhouse Press. Sorry I don't have pics - the part I am working with is darkest charcoal and hard to photograph under lamps. (Still fairly dark outside both when I leave for work and when I come home.)
It is knitting up fairly quickly, and will block out quite large. It will be warm yet light, properties of the yarn used. I have been unusually project monogamous lately, sticking with this project. (Even though I do still have to finish up a couple of Christmas presents.) (Sorry Andrew and Dad! :-( )
Last week when I took my brother out to dinner at Claim Jumper, I had the most fabulous tea. Hot Cinnamon Spice by Harney and Sons. The best I have ever had, and naturally sweet, so no sugar necessary. So when I got home, I searched online, and ordered this:
among a few other teas to try.I received them last night, and tried the Vanilla. Very tasty, yet light. Don't let it steep too long, or it may get bitter tasting. I also ordered their "Indian Spice" tea - what they use for their chai recipe. My boss really likes that one. I may order the "Peach Ginger" tea for my mom, and maybe for Andrew as he really likes ginger also.
Last night I purchased a nice red rug from Target and it goes nicely in my hall. My cats were very interested in it and left piece (fur) on it. You can't see it in the pictures I took, which I will post tomorrow. Totally forgot this morning! :-P
Cheers and happy knitting!
No comments:
Post a Comment